Sunday 30 October 2016

Look at the tree ... and nowhere else




ME:        Whoa! Hey Silver! Quick! Look at the tree!
SILVER: … what?
ME:        The tree over here! Look at it! Wow!! Isn’t it something?
SILVER: …. I guess. Can we keep walking?
ME:        No no. Not while this tree is here. That you have to keep looking at.  
SILVER: Why? It’s a tree, pop.
ME:        Yes, but you have to keep looking at it! Focus! And don’t look anywhere else.  For the next 30 seconds. Maybe more.
SILVER: Anywhere else? It’s a tree. There’s nothing special about it. Trust me. I’m a dog. I know trees.
ME:        Please Silver. Just look at the tree.
SILVER: I don’t get it, pop. You want me to stare at some tree.  It’s like you don’t want me to look ahead on the trail where I might see …. OOOOH MY GOD!!! OOOOH MY GOD!!! A DEEEEERRR!!!!!!!!!! A DEEEER!!! A FREAKING DEER!!!!!  LOOK POP!!! A DEER!!!!!
ME:         (Struggling with all my might to hold him back) Gee, I never noticed.


No comments:

Post a Comment