Sunday 4 December 2016

Sick day





ME:        ((Coughing)) Silver, come to my side.
SILVER: Oh, come on. Not again.
ME:        Boy, my time on the earth grows short. The infection inside me ((Coughing)) grows strong.
SILVER: It’s a cold. You have a cold.
ME:        I’m trying to hang on, yet shadows cause the room to grow dim.
SILVER: I know. It’s night. It gets dark at night.
ME:        Be well Silver. I hope you remember me fondly. ((Sniffling)) As a good person. A kindred spirit.
SILVER: Do you even know what “kindred” means?
ME:        Yes. ….. It’s that chocolate egg thing, right.
(Silver gives me a 15-second long look of shock and disappointment)
SILVER: Pop, I’m sorry that you’re sick. But I have to go out for my walk. Now please get off the couch, stop writing your will and get my leash.
ME:        Okay but first… ((Coughing and reaching out with one hand) Grandma? Grandpa? Is that you?
SILVER: Forget it. I’ll walk myself.
ME:        Walk towards the light? Whatever you say, Mr. Bowie.

No comments:

Post a Comment